So this morning I woke up later than Joe. Usually I’m up at the crack of dawn, but lately I’ve been sleeping in a lot more. He came in to check on me and saw I was awake, so he offered me some breakfast. I was really in the mood for muffins and I told him so. I looked up a few recipes, but ultimately decided it was a lot of work and said he should just buy a box mix while I slept some more.
Then, as we were talking about other things, we both happened to remember at the same time that I had wanted to make cookie balls. So, I got super excited and we got dressed and headed out shopping. We got all the stuff to make both nummy blue berry muffins AND cookie balls.
It’s funny how similar the ingredients for muffins are to cookies. I don’t have the website anymore for the muffin recipe, but here is the one I used for the cookie balls. However, I changed the ingredients because thats how I roll. This was what I used:
- 2-½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1-½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter Room Temperature
- ¾ cups Sugar
- ¾ cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅓ cups Skim Milk
- 1-½ cup Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 block Chocolate Almond Bark
I sadly didn’t take a picture of them though, because I’m a lame face like that. However, I can highlight the major mistakes.
- Making them at Joe’s. Did you know that this fool doesn’t even have wax paper? Thus, the plates we used ate about 1/2 the balls. And by half I mean just a little bit of each.
- Not decorating them super prettily. But, since I don’t have pictures of them anyway, this doesn’t matter much.
That’s all really. Overall, they were fucking awesome and now my co-workers love me.
I forgot to give one to Evie though, for which I felt bad. Her birthday was this past weekend, and I like her. I Caribou’ed with her earlier this week- it was fun :)